This is not just some whimpy "weblog," it's a real "mrlog" of what is going on in Michael and Rachel's life recently. Stay tuned for updates!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Summer Travel

Hey everybody,
I have some exciting news to share, so am finally getting around to posting a note. I received my seminary's Valentour Travel Fellowship for this summer, so I am going to be traveling to Sri Lanka, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Singapore, Malaysia, and another country in South East Asia.

I'll be doing research on how seminaries in those countries have adapted what they do to be more relevant to their cultures. It should mostly involve interviewing students and professors and getting to know their campuses, and hopefully it will turn up some things that US seminaries can learn from. I will also be exploring the possibilities of teaching overseas in the future.

Fortunately, Rachel will be joining me after the second week of the 8 week trip. I will be gone from May 23-July 20, and Rachel will join me on June 11, once her school gets out. I'll try to attach a handy map from "Where I've Been" for those who want to sharpen their geography skills.

2 comments:

dyah kartikawening said...

Sounds really exciting! Congratulations and looking forward to read the stories..:)

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel and Michael - it is Tracy and Jeff Kramer. We would like to introduce you to Paul Monroe Kramer. He is 13 months old, and is a joy! I tried to post a picture, but it wouldn't take. I am so happy for you and your fellowship. Traveling together is such a joy! I am not used to Blogs, so I don't really know what to say - but, I know I want to say - Peace! Love, and all things in His name! Hope to see you soon - maybe at Homecoming!