While in Ghana one man who has helped us out is Yoa, which really means Thursday in Twi. It is said the same way as an exclamation of surprise or pain. Michael and I enjoy saying his name although I often come up with 'ouch' before Yeow!
So as I was leaving home many people said to me... you are such an experienced traveler. So I thought about this in my 30 hour commute to Ghana. I decided that in order to be an experienced traveler one must: 1. be an excellent sitter, 2. occationally read and follow signs.
I guess after arriving we experienced more challenges, but for 30 hours sitting and sign reading were all I could think of.
As Michael mentioned, we found out one meal at a time that we had to fend for ourselves for food and water this past weekend. On one event we were carrying our bags of water back to our room and Michael's wise comment was, "I think all these people are staring at me because I look funny for not carrying the water on my head."
As many people have said before, the people of Ghana are beautiful people. I greatly enjoy their colorful outfits, and their broad smiles. We look forward to learning more from them in this upcoming week.
Many of you have been in our thoughts and prayers this weekend, as we had lots of down time to reflect and pray.
This is not just some whimpy "weblog," it's a real "mrlog" of what is going on in Michael and Rachel's life recently. Stay tuned for updates!
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment