As Michael said, we are astounded daily by the giving, inclusive, outgoing, friendly, warm personality of the Malaysian people in Sarawalk. They have given over and over again, asking for nothing in return. Their giving is so childlike and admirable.
Last night I was invited to a small group meeting for the 40 days of Purpose Rick Warren. It was their first meeting. All the women in the group were young, except for the current Methodist Bishop's wife, who was hosting the group. It was very refreshing to be around these women. No matter that we couldn't communicate well.
Today we went to visit all their workplaces bakery, doctors offices, nursing homes, and the Bishop's wife also took me to Agape school for special needs children as well as to the market to sample local food. I came home with bags of food and gifts, as well as a full stomach. So quickly and graciously the people here give to one another!
We also visited a physical therapists and I was reminded why I never went into the medical field. As the PT stretched the patient he was growning in pain. I fought it off as long as I could, but I blacked out.
Yesterday I was invited to be a part of a praise song exercise group. We don't feel at all like outsiders. It makes me think of an Amy Grant song that I sang in high school, "And the Gift Goes On"... as these people never stop giving!
This is not just some whimpy "weblog," it's a real "mrlog" of what is going on in Michael and Rachel's life recently. Stay tuned for updates!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment